The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Games Partnerships Team needs your business development skills, your passion for achieving results, your one-team spirit, and your supportive can-do attitude. We are looking to hire a VP Developer Relations to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are seeking out people with passion. And not just those that are passionate about gaming. Individuals who can bring unique capabilities, flair, and desire to the table, all while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in the EFG blueprint of esports and only hope that while on that journey, you continue to learn and develop with the tools we provide.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility that is “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S #GGFORALL.”
As VP Developer Relations, you will be responsible for building a team and strengthening internal and external relationships, managing partner relations, and implementing strategies designed to increase revenue and acquire new business opportunities. You will partner closely with key internal stakeholders to develop and execute long-term business growth strategies to achieve financial and operational objectives in line with the company vision and strategy, standards, and guidelines.
Reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer, you will develop and manage highly effective relationships with external partners ranging from next generation of breakout game developers to indie developers and other key strategic partners in the gaming ecosystem. The ideal candidate for this position will reside in either the US (PT time zone) or Europe (CET time zone).
- Lead, direct, and control strategic business development activities and initiatives with significant impact on overall results
- Negotiate business development deals with new and existing partners to generate new streams of revenue and business growth, ensuring pricing strategies are consistent with the business objectives
- Lead negotiations to obtain new customers and support team in difficult negotiations to secure critical partnerships
- Present business cases for new partnerships and strategies to the executive team for review and alignment
- Hire and manage a team focused on emerging titles; Lead, direct, coach, develop and engage the team to achieve performance goals
- Develop major leads, conduct pre-proposal visitations and direct product, marketing and commercial teams with proposal preparation
- Drive growth through market research and analysis in new and emerging markets to understand key trends and developments inside and outside of the gaming ecosystem
- Maintain a collaborative and creative approach with internal teams to develop new solutions tied to client success metrics
- Identify profitable business opportunities through in-depth knowledge of internal company offerings
- Ongoing review and assessment of business development methods and techniques; recommend and implement changes and adaptations as needed to maximize operational efficiency
- Formulate and implement an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained
- Experience in business development, management consulting, investment banking or related fields, preferably within the gaming industry
- Minimum of 10 years of related business experience, including at least 3 years of people management experience
- Established network with current game publishers and developers strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
- End-to-end deal experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large scale marketing deals, technical collaborations, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Affinity for esports and gaming a plus
The base salary range for this position will be $190,000 to $250,000, depending on individual experience.