The world of Esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
ESL Gaming is seeking an Unreal Engine Game Developer/Technical Artist with 2 to 3 years of experience who’s passionate about gaming and technology to join the Malaysian branch of the world’s largest esports company. This role will require close collaboration with our regional TV, creative, project management and social media teams to level up our 3D live broadcast offering to the region.
- Manage design, develop and test the components, software, products, applications, or systems for our projects to the technological output for social and/or commercial.
- Take a brief concept of a project with digital solutions via design software ( Photoshop / Illustrator ).
- Design and build 3D television studio environments and graphics in Unreal Engine.
- Create, source and edit all 2D and 3D content as required (geometries, textures, materials).
- Work extensively with Blueprints to create and add functionality to environments and graphics.
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies such as PBR and photo-realistic rendering, VR, digital content creation tools etc.
- Able to review workflows and identify areas that could be improved with engine features, scripts or automated systems.
- Able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Liaise with respective personnel inclusive but not limited to suppliers, colleagues, clients, and third parties.
- Execute to the best abilities of all tasks and duties required to ensure a smooth and successful project outcome with a solution in using Unity 3D or any related software.
- Utilise Unity / Unreal Engine or other relevant software in game development.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automatization.
- Practise excellent cost-saving methods when planning and executing projects.
- Be willing to learn new programs and build media content in multiple different formats and programs.
- Articulate your show-stopping ideas and concepts to clients and internal teams to get buy-in.
- Advanced knowledge of Unreal Engine and the Blueprint visual scripting system.
- Basic knowledge of 3D Modelling, 3ds Max/Blender/Cinema4D, Microsoft Office, and Adobe software to complement your work in Unreal.
- A variety of skills in technical content creation – for example this might include 3D modelling, material/shader authoring, VFX creation, lighting, animation etc.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC(Model-View-Controller).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools. (e.g. Git).
- Able to fluently communicate and work in an environment with English speaking colleagues.
- Experience working in events or live tv is a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and diverse startup environment.
- Experience working with regional cross-functional teams to deliver projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in 3D Modelling.
- Capable of building 3D virtual sets.
- Capable of doing graphic design.
- Animation/motion design.
- Experience with Perforce version control.
- Graphic Design/data visualisation.
- Experience with programming (C++, C#, Java etc) and/or scripting (Python, Ruby etc.).
- Experience in broadcast production environments.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV and 3D portfolio.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. ESL will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require ESL’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.