The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a “Travel Director“ with strong project management experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming, who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Travel Director @EFG, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create competitive ecosystems which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
As a Travel Director, you will be responsible for implementing robust policies and procedures to ensure all travel needs are met across the company. This includes directly improving the business travel experience for employees, developing a team of expert travel planners, and negotiating contracts with airlines, hotels, etc. around the world.
Our teams travel around the world, booking countless flights, hotel rooms, rental vehicles, and more on an annual basis. The Travel Director will make certain that our employees get where they need to be as efficiently and safely as possible, while doing so in a way that is cost effective to the organization.
Reporting to the SVP, Project and Event Operations, you will be an integral part of our Global Project and Event team that is responsible for the development and enhancement of the esports experience through our global project events, digital products, and player/team relations.
We empower remote work!
One of many perks and reasons why EFG is a magical workplace is that we empower remote or hybrid work of choice! We believe that our new ways of working are the new ways of winning. We recognize that our employees’ comfort and productivity are better achieved from the comfort of your remote workspace of choice, be it your home or the road!
- This is a remote position with the ideal candidate residing in Sweden, Germany, or Poland preferably in the GMT+1 time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Streamline existing and introduce new policies that create an easier method for employees booking travel all around the globe.
- Research, identify, and negotiate the best deals with major airlines, hotel groups, rental agencies, and more in collaboration with our Procurement team
- Develop, hire, and mentor a top-notch team.
- Partner with learning and development to create detailed training guides for all travel related programs.
- Adapt to changing regulations and event requirements, keeping up with the fast pace of the industry.
- Manage data and analytics to identify trends, both positive and negative. Able to navigate the hurdles and highlight the successes.
- Facilitate compliance with all implemented travel regulations.
- Bring EFG’s corporate travel to the next level in all aspects
What you need:
- At least 7 years of leadership experience in global, corporate travel.
- Previous experience in a travel agency or related organization.
- Demonstrable relationships with key vendors around the world, including with airlines, car rental organizations, hotels, etc.
- Detailed experience managing the financial impact of all related programs on the company, with the ability to lower costs to the organization while improving the service offered to our teams.
- Ability to build an industry leading team, hiring top talent and mentoring the current team members.
- Willingness to travel once per quarter, to events or offices
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in English.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Bilingual in German, Swedish, or Polish
- Previous experience in a travel agency or related organization
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.