The world of e-sports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global e-sports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of e-sports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share!
Our New way of Working is new ways of Winning!
We offer remote working as part of flexible ways, for this position we offer fully remote but preferably located in Sweden where we have our production studio.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Operations Manager you will be part of our Global Production and Operations team that plans and organizes the production of our live or taped, studio or event broadcasts. The Technical Operations Manager supports all technical aspects of TV broadcasts. This includes support for the creation of signal flows, equipment bookings, technical setup, and event staffing.
- As a Technical Operations Manager you’ll be responsible for all technical aspects of Broadcast for assigned projects
- Work together with production teams and producers to develop adequate production setups and workflows that can be delivered on time and on budget.
- Leading both technical planning and execution on-site at events and studio
- Assist with the maintenance and integration of all systems and for all levels of broadcast equipment
- Perform quality assurance by reviewing and updating documentation for accuracy, and consistency in voice, tone, and messaging
- Create and review investment proposals for broadcast equipment
- Drive innovation within EFG’s engineering and tech department
What you need
- In depth experience as an engineer in TV production for live sports or entertainment
- Technical and operational understanding of broadcast gear from the prevalent brands
- Understanding of video infrastructure across all levels of TV production
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively, with the ability to prioritize based on scope and deadlines
- An understanding of the competitive esports industry and its events
- Ability to work under time pressure and remain calm in challenging situations
Nice to have
- (Web) development experience. Knowledge of NodeJS, React, NextJS