As a full-time Systems Engineer in the Event IT department, you will be responsible for the detailed planning and execution of our events worldwide.
You will join a team of passionate coworkers and support ESL and DreamHack productions with your expertise.
Responsibilities will include researching and analyzing IT solutions as well as building/configuring and testing of various infrastructures.
You will also be responsible for, leading projects, developing and documenting standard processes and procedures, and working with other teams in the company.
The Systems Engineer reports to our Head of Event IT and is a part of our Global Event IT team.
This position will be based in one of our European production hubs located in Stockholm, Katowice or Cologne
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be directly involved on preparing and managing the IT infrastructure at ESL events/productions
- Prior to the event, you’ll be tasked to gather requirements from all relevant departments, perform venue scouting and plan the infrastructure
- During the event, you’ll be responsible for multiple tasks including network implementation and monitoring, PC imaging/troubleshooting, cloud/local VM services and general IT support
- Frequent travelling to setup and support our global esports events
- Work to mature and further develop IT standards and processes
- Continuously document existing and new systems, policies, procedures, and configurations
What you need:
- Proven track record as a Systems Engineer or similar role for at least 3 years
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- A high sense of responsibility and acting independently
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Good knowledge in the mode of operation of firewalls, IP routing and switching, as well as an above-average understanding of all OSI Layers (especially TCP/IP Stack)
- Work experience with Windows administration
Nice to haves:
- Worked with Jira / Confluence / Gitlab
- Work experience with Juniper & pfSense
- Work experience with AWS/Azure or other cloud services
- Systems/Network certifications
- Experience with Linux system administration (Debian)
- Coding and Scripting Expertise (Bash/Python)
- Experience in Terraform and CI/CD workflows (GitLab)
- Keen gamer/esports fan