The world of e-sports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global e-sports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of e-sports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share! For this position we offer fully remote working as part of our new way of hiring.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Streaming Engineer, you will be part of our Global Production and Operations team that plans and organizes the production of our live or taped, studio or event broadcasts. The Streaming Engineer is responsible for the technical execution and delivery of live event streams and recordings. With a key focus on both onsite operation and offsite engineering, you will also work to maintain current technical standards and quality, while also ensuring reliability and helping deliver content as needed by production on schedule.
What you’ll do
- Provide both onsite and offsite engineering support for all streaming and recording needs, including external productions
- Manage the distribution and delivery of live content for both digital and linear platforms
- Partner with Event IT staff to ensure reliable and robust workflows, including preparing and packing equipment for global shipping
- Build, allocate, and maintain streaming hardware, infrastructure, and equipment
- Configure physical encoders and streaming servers
- Work with in-house video team to maintain, upgrade and manage archive storage
What you need
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience with live streaming software and/or hardware
- Experience and understanding of live streaming platforms, delivery, and technology
- Knowledge of video encoding standards and formats
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively, with the ability to prioritize based on scope and deadlines
- An understanding of the competitive esports industry and its events
- Ability to work under time pressure and remain calm in challenging situations