The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a “Solutions Architect“ with strong esports or event IT experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming, who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a full-time Solutions Architect in the Event IT department you will join a team of passionate coworkers and support the ESL tech branch with your expertise.
You will support existing projects as well as launching new ones wherever you see room for improvement. You are responsible for leading and implementing the tech infrastructure within the Event IT department. You will lead research, evaluation, and implementation of new solutions. From the first concept to rolling out the final solution, it’s all in your hands.
As a Solutions Architect at ESL, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
The Solutions Architect reports to our Director Event IT and is part of our Global Event IT team.
We empower remote work!
One of many perks and reasons why EFG is a magical workplace is that we empower remote or hybrid work of choice! We believe that our new ways of working are the new ways of winning. We recognize that our employees’ comfort and productivity are better achieved from the comfort of your remote workspace of choice, be it your home or the road!
This is a remote position with the ideal candidate residing in Europe, preferably in the GMT+1 time zone.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Event IT department with hands-on programming experience (Python) with focus on automating and optimising event preparation and executions
- Support our global network monitoring and deployment infrastructure
- Evaluate and onboard new tools in regard to department needs
- Deploying and maintaining cloud infrastructure (mostly AWS)
- Come up with new technical setups based on verbalised needs or based on your own experience how to improve
- Create executive summaries for the decision making process on new tech stacks
- Coordinate and facilitate all communication, including organising regular meetings
- Work to mature and further develop IT standards and processes
- Continuously document existing and new systems, policies, procedures, and configurations
- Verify and support the correct usage of the implementations you created
What you need:
- Proven track record as a Solutions Architect or similar role for at least 3 years
- An understanding of modern IT setups / best practices (e.g. cloud setups, deployment technologies, databases, RESTful APIs, Web Technologies)
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- You are a leading personality; you know how to inspire people to make a project successful
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- A profound understanding of networking layers
Nice to haves:
- Experience in containerised application development (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Worked with Jira / Confluence / Gitlab
- Experience in Terraform and CI/CD workflows (GitLab)
- Experience with PHP/Ruby
- Experience with Linux system administration (Debian/Amazon Linux)
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends
- Keen gamer/esports fan
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.