PLEASE NOTE: This is a remote position with the ideal candidate residing in Europe, with the option to work out of one of our European offices.
The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Fan Marketing team needs your creativity skills, and passion for building cohesive channel strategies to foster communities and deliver value to fans. We are looking to hire an exceptional Senior Social Media Manager (FACEIT) to join us in shaping the journey of esports.
We value individuals who bring their unique capabilities, flair, and desire to the table, all while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in the EFG blueprint of esports and only hope that while on that journey, you continue to learn and develop with the tools we provide.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become a community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is that “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
As Senior Social Media Manager at ESL FACEIT Group, you’ll join our global Social & Channel Marketing team to support the FACEIT platform; grow and manage our FACEIT social media channels across multiple channels to create, produce, and manage engaging content to bring our campaigns to life.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the social media strategy for the FACEIT brand
- Develop & manage the tone of voice for each digital medium
- Thoroughly understand and be a guardian of the FACEIT brand identity
- Be flexible and lead on working with internal, freelance, and agency resource
- Engage with creative teams to produce & constantly improve content plans
- Maintain knowledge of audience needs, expectations and interests to provide relevant content for engagement
- Communicate updates and reports efficiently for internal stakeholders
Hypothetical breakdown of the role:
- 35% Publishing content & managing social media channels
- 25% Brainstorming & preparing social media campaigns
- 20% Strategy Building
- 10% Team management
- 10% Reporting to internal stakeholders
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look at your past studies, work experience, overall passions, as well as your personal relationship with games, to help us gauge the connection between these points and the criteria set forth by our hiring manager for this role.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if your experience matches and/or an email notification containing feedback if you didn’t qualify for this round. Either way, you will hear from us!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands play a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- 4 -7 years of relevant experience in social media marketing
- Proven track record of developing and managing brand social media channels
- Deep knowledge of various gaming & esports communities, including CS:GO
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Discord)
- In-depth knowledge of content marketing to engage gaming audiences
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and navigate complex situations with empathy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written; Excellent copywriting skills in the English language required