The world of esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Are you ready to be part of the team to bring world-class Esports programs to Japan?
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be a leader in our project team bringing our esports events and programs to life. You will receive event and program briefs and be able to respond in a timely manner with compelling solutions. You will work with our clients, suppliers and partners to create exciting and captivating events and solutions. You will at times be charged with managing a close-knit team of project managers and contractors to bring an event together. You need to be both an effective leader as well as a fantastic team player.
This role has you managing all facets of project management, from budget creation and management to meeting with clients to ensure we deliver their vision. To be successful in this role you will be a strong communicator and good with numbers. You will be able to work to deadlines and work cohesively with a large team in different verticals.
Esports never sleeps and this isn’t your typical 9-5 job! You will need to be flexible with some evenings and weekends and have the ability to travel.
In return for your efforts, we provide a fun and inviting culture, a flexible working experience, and the ability to work on the best esports events in the country. Traveling throughout Japan (and sometimes globally) is a common occurrence for our team as they produce their exciting projects.
- Be a leader in the Project Management team, executing project tasks and assisting with day-to-day activities of the business.
- As a Project Manager, you will oversee the conception, implementation and wrap-up reporting of EFG branded and client projects, which includes managing resources, staff and financials.
- Manage partnerships and suppliers including performance and report updates regularly to EFG Asia leadership.
- Conduct professional communication with clients, talent, and contractors. Working with others to bring their vision to life and collaborating with many stakeholders to this effect.
- Work closely with the Tournament Management and TV Production teams to produce the best possible product.
- Oversee the set-up and production on-site, ensuring the delivery of high-quality events.
- With full knowledge of industry’s best broadcast workflows and practices, ensure the successful delivery of end to end broadcast executions from pre- to post-production.
- Work closely with our external partners, suppliers, as well as internal stakeholders, to make sure we meet or exceed our expectations.
- Meet with and manage our clients and their expectations for events and programs.
- Create and manage event budgets, ensuring efficiencies and proper cost control are maintained.
- Creating detailed presentations to be shared with internal and external teams and responding timely to briefs and requirements from clients.
- Liaise with our team of project managers and contractors to roster them where required for your projects.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-border regional teams to execute world-class programs in Japan.
- Native-level or business-level fluency in English – listening, spoken, and written.
- Native fluency in the Japanese language as you will be predominantly covering the Japanese market and will need to read, speak and write in Japanese – this is a must.
- Living in Japan – Preferably, Tokyo.
- Living and breathing EFG’s values to Be Bold, Give a Sh#t, Build Trust and Serve the Community.
- 7+ years of project management or broadcast production experience in a live & online environment.
- 3+ years experience formally managing a team of event managers/project managers; Committed team player and manager; team builder with unquestionable work ethic, organizational and motivational skills, and coaching abilities.
- Experience in pre-production; including creative rundowns, stage designs, lighting, AV, camera plots etc.
- Previous experience and/or passion in esports, and/or in the live entertainment space would be highly advantageous.
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word. Experience with the Google Suite of tools including Sheets and Slides is highly desirable.
- You need to work well under pressure, in a live (real-time) and fast-paced environment.
- You should be a strong communicator and able to handle negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Highly emotional intelligent individual, accompanied with years of experience working with cross-functional teams locally and regionally.
- Fully capable in building and maintaining relationships with clients and delivering on campaign objectives and KPI’s.
- Be hungry to learn about EFG’s business, our products, and be great at retaining information.
- Strong organizer who is a champion at managing workflows, multitasking, and meeting deadlines.
- High attention to detail and delivering dexterity when working through budgets, project plans, and more.
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive mindset, always keen to learn and generate impactful results.
- Exhibit high levels of energy and enthusiasm to positively influence and lift team spirits.
- Although most work will be during normal business hours, having availability to work flexible hours such as late night, overnight and weekends is a must.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. EFG will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Japan, and do not require EFG’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.