The world of esports is growing and so are we!
At EFG we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”.
Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share!
Our New way of Working is new ways of Winning! We offer remote working as part of flexible ways, for this position we offer fully remote but preferably located in EU, Germany, Sweden or Poland where we have our production studios.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our Broadcast Development department as a Senior Broadcast Developer. Ensuring outstanding quality across all EFG events, the successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of integrating data and tools in EFG broadcasts, while managing a constantly shifting landscape of priorities. From custom user interfaces to stage integrations that create unique experiences for event attendees, all the way to data systems for Augmented Reality sets and broadcast tools that guarantee the smooth interconnectivity between multiple brands of broadcast gear, nothing is off-limits or impossible.
What you’ll do
- Drive innovation across EFG Broadcasts
- Develop the broadcast tools required for running a best in class esports production
- Automate and optimize broadcast workflows
- Provide support during live events for API and broadcast related tools
- Maintain and upgrade backend systems and integrate them in multiple areas of production
- Maintain and upgrade game overlays for various titles and tournaments
- Create the documentation needed for regional offices to use the broadcast tools in their own events
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the proper integration of data and tools
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and technology, as well as competitor improvements
What you need
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive projects end-to-end and make decisions autonomously that will best serve the stakeholder requirements
- Proven experience with NodeJS oriented tech stacks (React, Vue, Fastify, Express, MongoDB)
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to constantly shifting priorities and deadlines
- Familiarity with project and task management tools (Jira / Trello)
- Familiarity with REST APIs workflows
Good to have knowledge of
- Unreal Engine and virtual production workflows
- Networking concepts and media communication protocols (MIDI and OSC in particular)
- Broadcast equipment and tools (Companion, BlackMagic)
- The esports landscape and the popular competitive titles