The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a “Project & Event Manager“ with strong esports, project management experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming, who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Please apply by adding the requested documents, CV, or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a full time, Project & Event Manager you will be joining our DreamHack Festival Operations Team, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of all our DreamHack Festivals and events in Sweden. Together with the DeamHack Festival Product Team, our vision is to create the best gaming festivals worldwide. We believe your organizational, communications, and technical skills will help us take our events to the next level.
The Project & Event Manager reports to the Director DreamHack Festivals Operations and will be part of our Festival Project Team.
The ideal candidate will be working out of our office in Stockholm, Sweden.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, organize and execute the O&O DreamHack Festivals in Sweden
- Liaise with the Product Team about vision and strategy of the DreamHack Festival Product
- Coordinate and manage the set-up and production on-site, ensuring the delivery of a high-quality event
- Coordinating venue management, caterers, booth designers, contractors, and equipment hire
- Plan, organize and execute security-, first aid- and hospitality concepts
- Plan, organize and execute Booths and Music and Esports Stages at the Festival based on the product vision
- Support other Project Teams with the planning and execution of on site activations such as Esport Stages, Gaming Booths and activities
- Assisting with budget tracking and cost responsibility
- Support other DH Festivals around the globe if the schedule allows
What you need:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Project & Event Management
- Project management experience, planning, initiating, monitoring, and implementing events together with a team
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to carry out several tasks at the same time
- Driven, proactive, self-going and great at taking own initiatives and decision
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities
- Ability to be proactive and problem-solving, and able to delegate and oversee teams working independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across geography, function, and seniority
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and integrity
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed
- Organization skills are essential
- Advanced Google Suite / Microsoft office skills.
- Drivers license – B category
Nice to Have:
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of esports and gaming
- Prior experience in start-ups, studios, and publishing production and gaming events is a bonus
- Knowledge and passion about DreamHack festivals
- Technical understanding of power, internet, staging, scenic, lighting, audio, and video systems is good to have but not so critical as these are skills that you can pick up in the job
- Fluent in English and other languages is a plus
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.