The world of Esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Do you want to be part of the team to bring world-class Esports production to Southeast Asia?
As a Production Manager, you will be part of our Malaysian Production and Operations team that plans and organizes the production of our live, taped, studio, or event broadcasts. In collaboration with the product, project, and sales team, the Production Manager will prepare and oversee budgets, coordinate the TV team, freelancers & external service providers, motivate and push your team to uphold deadlines, and be the main point of contact for the production during the setup, the live show and the teardown of the event or productions in our studios.
This position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Due to the nature of the work, you will need to be on-site at our Malaysian studio. You must also be comfortable with multiple requirements in a year to travel for work around Southeast Asia.
- Oversee and manage TV production from pre- to post-production.
- Organize all aspects of production; including scheduling, budgeting, and the negotiating with and booking of external service providers and freelancers.
- Work closely with Senior Production Managers locally and regionally to learn about best practices, SOPs, and so on.
- Support the Product team with suggestions for the execution of projects, on the levels of both cost efficiency as well as feasibility.
- Manage the scheduling of the Production team, efficiently organize setups, rehearsals, productions, and teardown timetables.
- Assist with managing the production calendar to ensure proper personnel, equipment, and studios are reserved; ensure calendar updates are entered in a timely manner.
- Identify ways to upgrade/improve production operations and suggest steps to implement improvements, while maintaining current operations timelines.
- Coordinate the procurement process of TV production equipment for events and studio development.
- Possess in-depth experience working in a live broadcast production environment.
- A strong knowledge of technical issues related to live TV production.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written.
- Previous experience and/or passion in esports, and/or in the live entertainment space would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while exercising sleek prioritization skills based on scopes and deadlines.
- Strong organizer who is a champion at managing workflows, multitasking, and meeting deadlines.
- High attention to detail and dexterity in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive mindset, always keen to learn and generate impactful results.
- Exhibit high levels of energy and enthusiasm to positively influence and lift team spirits.
- Ability to work under time pressure and remain calm in challenging situations.
- Living and breathing EFG’s values to Be Bold, Give a Sh#t, Build Trust and Serve the Community.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. EFG will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require EFG’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.