The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a Product Manager with strong esports, project or product management experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming and who bring experience in shaping, overseeing, planning, developing and executing the product vision & strategy for our flagship product ESL Pro Tour CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) from start to finish.
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people,and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL FACEIT Group is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position.
We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
● Passion is second and most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer and love the gaming and esports environment especially sharing our passion for Tactical FPS Games CS:GO · Overwatch · Hearthstone · StarCraft and more.
● Impact; As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ guys who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
● Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
● Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community.
● Team Geist, you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Product Manager @ESL you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together.
Quick decision making allows us to create competitive ecosystems which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
As a Product Manager, you will be given the opportunity to be a game-changer in overseeing the product vision and strategy, and lead the planning, development, and execution of our global product ESL Pro Tour CS:GO from start to finish.
Reporting to the Head of Game Ecosystems you will be an integral part of our Global Game Ecosystems team that is responsible for the development and enhancement of the gaming experience through our global product events digital products, and player/team relations.
We empower remote work!
One of many perks and reasons why ESL is a magical workplace is that we empower remote or hybrid work of choice!
We believe that our new ways of working are the new ways of winning. We recognize that our employees’ comfort and productivity are better achieved from the comfort of your remote workspace of choice, be it your home or the road!
This is a remote position with the ideal candidate residing in Europe, preferably in the GMT+1 time zone.
What you’ll do:
● Develop and oversee the project/product vision strategy that empowers and engages the gaming community experience.
● Develop and oversee the planning, development and execution of Products that sit within the ESL Pro Tour (EPT) for Valves CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) from start to finish.
● Assist with developing the EPT strategy and values – worldwide.
● Create and learn role-related processes, procedures, and best practices.
● Contribute to defining product KPIs + measure program success over time.
● Manage, support, and hold accountable the support resources tied to cross department functions to organize online competitions and high profile esports events.
● Responsible for keeping stakeholders up to date through creating and presenting internal and external reports.
● Build and maintain relationships with people across the company and in the community.
● Contribute to new business development and thought leadership opportunities.
● Keep abreast of changes in area(s) of expertise and responsibility via participation in ongoing professional development and training.
● Perform other duties, functions, responsibilities, projects and provide assistance as necessary.
What you need:
● Around 5 years of esports, Project or Product Management experience (or other relevant experience).
● An incredibly high standard of the English language, both spoken and written, is essential. Required for interactions across the organization, leading meetings and presenting ideas.
● A passion for CS:GO and its community with motivation to push the boundaries of competitive gaming.
● An ability to take initiative while balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
● In-depth knowledge of the video game market and industry.
● Proficiency in Microsoft and Google software applications-e.g., all office products and Google apps.
● A highly collaborative spirit and detail-oriented focus.
● Seamlessly perform under pressure and deliver results in a fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
Nice to Have
● Bachelor’s degree in Management, Marketing, Business, or equivalent.
● Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity.
● Ability to meet accuracy and productivity goals.
● Strong problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
● Demonstrate effective, accurate and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, social media, reading, phone and customer service skills in accordance with role.
● Respond to others in a timely and courteous manner.
● Define and prioritize realistic and specific goals and objectives.
● Use strong project management, organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL FACEIT Group? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter
in English language and preferably in PDF format.
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL FACEIT Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Product Management in Esports with experience of developing CS:GO and its community with motivation to push the boundaries of competitive gaming.