At EFG Group, we bring moments of magic and provide skills for thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades – “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our Passion, Craft, and DNA are to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, and events through our millions of players, fans, heroes, through our people, and culture. That is our Superpower and now we are interested in yours! This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace where anything is possible and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Manager of Procurement in Germany and CEE (Central Europe) at EFG, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision-making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast-paced work environment.
Who we are searching for:
- You are enthusiastic, eager to operate complex tasks, and able to think outside the box.
- You want to work with an international team of procurement employees on optimizing cost structure with a focus on getting things done, you want to lead special projects and bring them to the next level, you love to coordinate cross-functional teams and create project plans and you are taking accountability or both time and budget planning
- You want to be responsible for planning, coordinating, and organizing mid-size to large projects within the Germany and CEE markets
- Your range of duties comprises the lead management of several complex projects, including analysis, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, conception, design, and implementation, and through to the final quality control
- Your focal points include achieving the highest possible qualitative standards and contributing to creating long-term relationships with our German and CEE suppliers
As a full-time Manager of Procurement in Germany in the procurement department, you will join a team of passionate coworkers and support the EFG finance branch and all EFG departments with your expertise. You will support our global procurement team with a clear Focus on the German and CEE market. You are primarily responsible for managing project and system implementation projects together with other department experts and the procurement team. You are the point of contact in your region for all your project-related topics.
The Manager Procurement Germany reports to our SVP Procurement and our Director Procurement and is a part of our global procurement team. Your job will be remote, but you should be located in Germany.
What you’ll do:
- Negotiations with suppliers / Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms, prioritize and encourage the use of procurement catalogs and systems.
- Conduct RFP Projects with focus on the German and CEE markets (the “Procurement Projects”).
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Develop and manage detailed procurement project schedules and task plans
- Provide procurement project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
- Escalate project challenges efficient and quickly
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Managing formal relationships with suppliers incl. potential legal processes, controlling suppliers
- Present procurement projects to potential suppliers, internal staff, and management and conduct training classes for the teams and employees in your region
- Document processes, procedures, and plans, including changes, upgrades, and new services
- Provide first level support services for all procurement related processes in your region incl. our global procurement system Coupa
What you need:
- min 3 years of procurement experience in the German market
- Minimum 3-6 years of project management and related experience
- An agile mindset and experience with agile methodologies
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills
- Basic finance / controlling know how
- Communicative and open personality
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Good presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a clear view of budgets and deadlines
- High level of personal responsibility and solution driven attitude
- Good Skills in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, Word) and Google workspace (docs, sheets, and slides)
- Analytical expertise as well as a systematic way of working
- Cross-task thinking, high degree of personal responsibility, ability to work in a global team
- Communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written
Nice to haves:
- Procurement and sourcing experience in the broader CEE market
- Expertise in contracting incl. basic legal understanding incl. basic understanding of commercial German law
- Experience in the entertainment and/or broadcasting industry
- Basic experience with Coupa Software Suite (Purchase to pay and Coupa Expense) or any other procurement software
- Multilingual (other CEE languages)