● Adapt and execute local PR strategy effectively and innovatively suitable for the MENA region to create awareness and demand for EFG and its master brands ESL, FACEIT, DreamHack and DreamHack Sports Games.
● Strengthen our MENA media network and relations and work closely with the global PR Director and the senior leaders of EFG.
● Create and execute campaign initiatives for EFG and its master brands from the first pitch to the final analysis and recommendations report.
● Identify and prepare speaking opportunities for EFG’s executive management team.
● Draft press releases, media alerts, and presentations for our tournaments, products, partners, and media events.
● Manage anything press related for ESL, FACEIT, DreamHack and DreamHack Sports Games’ flagship events alongside product leads for the MENA region by leading the accreditation process, pitching and media invites, assuring there is a proper press room onsite, creating and distributing media guides and press kits.
● Clipping and coverage report responsibilities including analysis and recommendations.
● Work with the global PR team, local PR agency and relevant internal departments to improve EFG’s approach in B2C, B2B, and B2E communication across the MENA region.
● Work at the intersection of tech, data, business, and marketing, and be comfortable with terminology from all these fields (focus on company and departmental KPIs).
● Develop and test hypotheses on how to improve fan KPIs through PR initiatives.
● Manage public relations projects and work cross-functionally with Tech, Product, Analytics, stakeholders, and Marketing teams across EFG and its master brands.
● Local adaption of strategy and campaign planning.
● Press releases, media assets, event on-site support.
● Present fresh ideas and campaigns and constantly work on a strong media network (endemic/non-endemic, traditional/non-traditional) / Provide analysis and recommendations to improve PR results/Present fresh ideas and campaigns.
● Ensure the team, stakeholders and internal customers are happy with the outcomes.
● Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Public Relations in the Esports or gaming industry
● Proven experience working in the MENA region
● University Degree in Media/Journalism or Communications a plus
● Experience working with or as a journalist
● Proven track record in developing and orchestrating PR campaigns in both traditional and new media channels
● Experienced in agency management
● Experienced working in an agile, dynamic, highly international environment
● First experience in people leadership and development
● Good knowledge and relations with MENA media, both endemic and non-endemic
● Strong ability to build, develop and maintain strong relationships with traditional and new media outlets
● Excellent skills in storytelling and orchestration
● Crisis management & communications
● Experience working with stakeholder management
● An open-minded, communicative, and optimistic personality
● Analytical and creative thinker, always looking for improvements
● Ability to perform well in a dynamic environment and work across several time zones
● People carer and develope