The world of esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL FACEIT GROUP, we believe that it is beyond gameplay where the real action happens. Where players, fans, and creators unite around the games they love to become community. And that’s what all of us here do every day – we create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.
We are brought together by a shared passion and drive to make gaming the most exciting form of entertainment in the universe. And to make the game GGFORALL, a good game for all. We are forging a path, with the tools to make something truly incredible for everybody, everywhere and we want you to join us on our mission!
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Player Manager, you will be part of our Global Game Ecosystems team that is responsible for the development and enhancement of the gaming experience through our global product events, digital products, and player/team relations.
As a Player Manager you will play a pivotal role acting as a liaison between ESL, our teams and the players.
This is a hybrid position with the ideal candidate based in Malaysia who’d then report into the Director of Player Management in Germany.
Who we are searching for
- You are one of the ‘go to’ guys who enjoys helping other people when they face a problem.
- Communication is one of your core strengths, you enjoy explaining and fixing issues to players and teams before, during and after gaming tournaments & events.
- You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- You are a gamer and love the gaming environment.
- You like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
- Work closely with the global and regional EFG teams to align on directives within the Player Manager department.
- Act as the main point of contact for teams & players before, during and after events.
- Build and maintain good relationships with players and teams.
- Provide all necessary information to players and teams as early as possible.
- Gather information and assets from players and teams to distribute to relevant departments.
- Work closely with other departments to book travel, hotels, and other logistics.
- Build schedules in cooperation with other departments for related player and team obligations.
- Deliver an excellent experience outside of the tournament, from arrival until departure.
- Assist players and teams around our events, even in topics not related to the tournament.
- Help and work with partners and internal stakeholders who require access to players.
- Ensure that teams and players fulfill their obligations.
- Plan and execute all player related topics without constant supervision.
- Take care of our task management system and always keep everyone in the loop.
- Strive to improve all player and team related aspects of our events.
- Develop and implement new processes and procedures to assure a flawless workflow.
- Find, hire, and maintain a pool of freelancers around the world to provide support at our tournaments and events
- Tackling roadblocks proactively in your daily work and being hands-on with ensuring its resolution, solo, or with the help of colleagues.
- Be involved in hands-on event activity such as getting stuck-in with other EFG employees to help setup and pack down events.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-border regional teams to execute world-class programs in the APJ region.
- Experience in Hospitality Management, Event Management, or another related field in tech, gaming, or entertainment.
- Service-oriented person with a welcoming, open, and friendly attitude.
- Good understanding of the competitive and esports gaming titles, their respective communities, tournament structures and formats.
- Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to carry out several tasks at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships across geography, function, and seniority.
- High level of emotional intelligence, professionalism, diplomacy, and integrity.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. ESL will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require ESL’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.