The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our HR team needs your people skills, your attention to details, your cheerful spirit, and your supportive can-do-attitude. We are looking to expand and hire a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming. People who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the table while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping the future of esports. That you can help make it happen while also going on a journey to learn and develop.
At ESL FaceIT Group, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves in having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission: “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion: The most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you strive for making us your employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting them into action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos, becoming a pillar of calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You never stop questioning whether there might be a better way to do things. You are a good listener and naturally interested in change, learning and development.
- Agility: As one of your core strengths you enjoy collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers in an ever-changing environment. You enjoy communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community.
- Team Geist: You like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Payroll & Benefits Administrator, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks that we tackle together. Quick decision making allows us to create competitive ecosystems which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value passion and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
Come work for the worlds’ largest esports company. We are looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator to join our Global People & Culture team. Reporting to our Director, Global Payroll & Benefits, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of bi-weekly payroll for all US employees through ADP.
You’ll work with us from wherever you live, but you’ll never work alone. One of many perks and reasons why ESL is a magical workplace is that we empower remote or hybrid work of choice. We believe that our new ways of working are the new ways of winning. We recognize that our employees’ comfort and productivity are better achieved from the comfort of your remote workspace of choice, be it your home or the road!
The ideal candidate will reside anywhere in the Eastern Time Zone in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Run and distribute payroll reports and tax documents
- Partner with finance team on payroll details needed for journal entries
- Point of contact for all US benefit plans and 401k plans; Provide information and answer employee questions about payroll/benefits-related matters
- Maintain withholding and FICA taxes, IRS tax levies, garnishments, levies, deduction changes as well as direct deposit and W-4 changes
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Administer the onboarding process for new employees in ADP and other portals
- Work with Broker on our benefit plans annually, and update deductions accordingly
- Administer company 401K plan
- Managing payroll and benefit onboarding/offboarding for new hires and terminations
- Support year-end compliance (payroll, workers comp etc.)
- Assist as needed with global payroll and benefits administration projects
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of payroll and benefit administration experience
- Working knowledge of HR, payroll, time and attendance, and benefits policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes (multi-state)
- Working knowledge of payroll software (ADP or similar)
- Multi-state labor law knowledge preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to manage timelines and deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.