PLEASE NOTE: This role is a Hybrid opportunity (remote and office attendance) position with the ideal candidate residing in Cologne, Germany.
The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Partner Management Team team needs your personable skills, your love for the esports industry, your cheerful spirit, and your supportive can-do attitude. We are looking to hire a Partner Manager Working Student to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming. People who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the table while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping the future of esports. That you can help make it happen while also going on a journey to learn and develop.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Partner Manager Working Student you will work closely with Brand Partners helping with the planning, coordination, and documentation of brand partnership commitments, assuring that all client services deadlines and quality standards are achieved.
Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Gamers welcome! This role may be remote if required by the team.
What you’ll do:
- Support the partner management team to bring creative client campaigns to life, including community management, content-creation briefing, and much more.
- Analyze and document brand partner sponsorships and help build reports and presentations
- Work cross-functionally with the research, ESL Shop, Marketing, Media Services (video), Social Media, Website, Partner Integration Management, and TV production teams.
Hypothetical breakdown of the role and responsibilities:
- 30 % Reporting & Analysis
- 20 % Research
- 15 % Community Management
- 15 % Social Media Support / Creative
- 20 % Briefing Client Asset Creation + Approval
What you bring:
- You want to make a difference and have a passion for esports
- You are enthusiastic and eager to operate complex tasks
- You have an attention to detail, thrive working independently as well as in a team
- You want to work with an international team on exciting brand partnerships
What we offer:
- Firsthand esports and brand partnership experience with some of the biggest brands involved in the sport
- Deep dive into the sponsorship business and partner management
- Behind-the-scenes event experience
- A paid 1-year assignment, working up to 20 hours per week with a potential development to prolong the assignment and/or transition into a full-time, permanent role (depending on opportunities that may open).
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands play a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- Enrolled in University studying Sports Management, Economics, Media, Marketing, Communications, or another related field (preferably graduating in 1 to 2 years from now).
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and G Suite products
- Knowledge of PowerPoint – advanced is a plus
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Structured work style, “reliable” is your middle name
- Localized in Germany, ideally you would work out of our office in Cologne. We are currently working in a remote work environment due to COVID-19, however, it is preferred for this role to work out of our office in Cologne on a flexible basis once restrictions are lifted.
Nice to have:
- Experience in the esports industry
- You are passionate about gaming/esports (this is a Bonus)
- Experience working in an agile, dynamic, highly international environment
- Work independently and collaborate well with other teams globally
- An open-minded, communicative personality able to step up
- Someone who is ready to work on projects that challenge them professionally and personally
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic work environment and work across several time zones