PLEASE NOTE: This role is a Hybrid opportunity (remote and office attendance) position with the ideal candidate residing in Stockholm, Sweden.
The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Marketing Management Team needs your creative skills, your passion for Marketing, your one-team spirit, and your supportive can-do attitude. We are looking to hire a Marketing Manager to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are seeking out people who share our passion for gaming. Individuals who can bring their unique capabilities, flair, and desire to the table, all while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in the EFG blueprint of esports and only hope that while on that journey, you continue to learn and develop with the tools we provide.
Based in our Stockholm office, you will drive marketing campaigns to reach our current and future fans, covering all DreamHack product festivals, as well as work cross-functionally with global teams across multiple disciplines including Production, Operations, PR, Sales, and others to articulate product and brand vision.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is that “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”.
At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life.
Your future tasks:
- Concept, plan, implement, execute and report on cross-media consumer campaigns: Drive popularity, attendance, ticket sales, and digital viewership of our worldwide events.
- Drive general popularity, awareness, and sentiment of our brands with consumer audiences.
- Communicate, align the campaigns with other teams: Product, Comms, Event, Leadership.
- Develop and cultivate key strategic relationships with stakeholders including players, influencers, teams, venues, partners, agencies, and other third-party service providers.
- Integrate marketing plans and storytelling with product brands and event productions as well as the initially mentioned responsibilities.
Hypothetical breakdown of the role and responsibilities:
- 30% Oversee all marketing campaigns for each festival
- 20% Represent the marketing team to cross-functional groups including product management, sales, or customer support
- 20% Process Management
- 10% Implement strategy
- 10% Brainstorm ideas for new campaigns
- 10% Market Research
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look at your past studies, work experience, overall passions, as well as your personal relationship with games, to help us gauge the connection between these points and the criteria set forth by our hiring manager for this role.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if your experience matches and/or an email notification containing feedback if you didn’t qualify for this round. Either way, you will hear from us!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands play a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- Located in a Nordic European country, preferably Sweden
- University Degree in Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, Media Design, Journalism, or equivalent experience in marketing, content agency, or promotion.
- 3+ years experience in marketing or agency work.
- Track record of running integrated media campaigns and producing creatives.
- Experience working with other creative teams, content producers, media agencies, product management, external stakeholders.
- Experience working with younger audiences in a digital space, best case esports/gaming or entertainment/sports
- Good knowledge of media consumption behavior, and content marketing.
- Excellent copywriting skills in the English language.
- Ability to plan and follow through will digital marketing and content planning, measuring campaigns.
- Working knowledge of consumer analytics, and audience segmentation.
- Good knowledge of esports content offerings across multiple game titles.
- Highly independent, self-motivated work style.
- High curiosity to find the right channels, voice, and campaigns for multiple audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, to sync across departments, geographies, and cultures, that work on the campaigns.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.