The world of esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share!
Our New way of Working is new ways of Winning!
We offer remote working as part of flexible ways, for this position we offer fully remote but preferably located in Sweden where we have our production studio.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the Production Management SE
- Direct staff responsibility for everyone in the Production Management team based in Sweden
- Accomplish department goals and objectives by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work processes and strategy
- Responsible for recruiting both internal and external resources to build a scalable department
- Allocate and delegate tasks to direct reports, keeping in mind both high-quality delivery, workload, and budget limitation
- Develop and implement workflows to streamline production, including creating processes on how to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analysis and development of costs and services
You and your team responsibilities
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of production; including scheduling, budgeting, and negotiating with and booking external service providers and freelancers
- Support the Product team with suggestions for the execution of projects, on the levels of both cost efficiency as well as feasibility
- Manage the scheduling of the Production team, efficiently organize setup, rehearsal, production, and teardown timetables
- Assist with managing the production calendar to ensure proper personnel, equipment, and studios are reserved; ensure calendar updates are entered in a timely manner
- Identify ways to upgrade/ improve production operations and suggest steps to implement improvements, while maintaining current operations timelines
What you need
- In-depth experience working in a broadcast production area
- Previous experience in directly managing a team of at least 3 staff
- A strong knowledge of technical issues related to TV production
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities (does not get flustered by changes and last-minute issues)
- Ability to be proactive and problem-solving, and able to delegate and oversee teams working independently
- Strong ability to supervise experienced vendors
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and integrity
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel and be abroad
- Ability to work under time pressure and remain calm in challenging situations
Nice to Have
- Passion or understanding of esports broadcast production is very nice to have, but not a prerequisite.
- Ability to meet the accuracy and productivity goals.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate, and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, social media, reading, phone, and customer service skills in accordance with the role.
- Respond to others in a timely and courteous manner.
- Define and prioritize realistic and specific goals and objectives.
- Use strong project management, organizational, and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management experience with a proven methodology
- Fluent with Google Documents, Microsoft Word & Excel
- Fluent in English