The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a “Head of Event Management, Poland“ with strong esports, event management experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming, who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ guys who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
- This is an on site position with the ideal candidate residing in Katowice, Poland.
What you’ll do:
Lead and manage the Event Operations Department
- Direct staff responsibility for everyone in the Event Operations Department at ESL Poland including Event Managers and warehouse staff
- Responsible for recruiting both internal and external resources to build a scalable department
- Allocate and delegate tasks to direct reports, keeping in mind both high-quality delivery, workload, and budget limitations
- Develop and implement workflows to streamline events and tournaments across ESL Poland structures operations, including creating processes on how to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the department delivers event construction and equipment according to requirements from internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and sustain a pool of freelancers in order to create a scalable operation
- Make sure to collect requirements and vision from Project/Product Manager and execute on the quality expected of internal stakeholders
- Maintain existing and negotiate with new potential suppliers for both equipment and staff in the area of event operations, in the cooperation with Procurement Global Team
- Responsible for making sure ordered equipment from the warehouse is being shipped to the event location
- Create workflows for staff to run the warehouse in an efficient way
- Cooperation with warehouse staff
- Logistic of shuttles for event purposes
- Catering management
Budget & budget planning
- Cooperation during offering with Project Management team
- Staging and equipment
- Construction of events and logistics
Purchase and supplier responsible
- Responsible for ESL Poland supplier relationships within event operations
- Find new suppliers
- Manage relationships with current suppliers
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in an event leadership position
- Exceptional team leadership abilities, able to identify/engage growth opportunities for staff members
- Experience streamlining logistical processes
- Proven track record identifying top tier suppliers and managing thriving relationships with them
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and meet budget expectations
- Demonstrated ability to identify operational hurdles and create solutions to overcome them
- Solid understanding of English language, both spoken and written
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.