The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Controlling team needs your analytical skills, your attention to details, and your supportive can-do-attitude. We are looking to expand and hire an Financial Controller to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming. People who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the table while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping the future of esports. That you can help make it happen while also going on a journey to learn and develop.
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves in having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion: The most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you strive for making us your employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting them into action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos, becoming a pillar of calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You never stop questioning whether there might be a better way to do things. You are a good listener and naturally interested in change, learning and development.
- Agility: As one of your core strengths you enjoy collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers in an ever-changing environment. You enjoy communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community.
- Team Geist: You like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
What You’ll Do:
Own the key products within the company’s portfolio from a finance/controlling perspective
Support in improving the PtP process, working closely with the Accounting and
Continuously improve the data quality and financial awareness by close cooperation with
the Project Managers and Legal Entities to ensure the proper single-project planning and
Run typical month-end closing activities (accruals, variances, reviews)
Bring financial expertise to the reporting
Act as an expert and build a sustainable relationship with the main stakeholders and senior
Add value by running individual initiatives
What you need:
Bachelor’s degree education ideally in accounting or finance
Highly proficient in Excel
Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English spoken and written
Skilled in solving problems in a complex environment and can manage extensive
investigations and analysis
Experience with SAP (Hana) and BI tools (PowerBi) is a plus
The hands-on mentality in a dynamic work environment
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in controlling