DreamHack creates an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. Our immersive gaming festivals feature everything gaming under one roof and the community is invited to experience our LAN parties, top tier & grassroots esports, see the best cosplayers and their works, meet their favorite content creators, and enjoy everything from arts, screenings, and live music, to the latest games in our expo. We create worlds where the gaming community comes to life.
It’s time for San Diego to experience our out-of-this-world gaming festival, and we need your help. Our team jumps in at a moment’s notice and does so with grace and poise. If you wanted to be a DreamHack Dino when you grew up, you have found your team. Let’s go.
We are hosting our DreamHack San Diego event on April 7th through the 9th and are looking for event staff to assist all weekend.
- Area Supervisors – Support area managers in the execution of the area; responsible for the management of all operations and crew in an area; maintain a leadership role within the festival operations.
- Area Commanders – help lead festival crew members in a designated area or job; can include helping to solve customer issues, making sure everything is in place for the current team and team coming in after, leading in cleaning before/after the area opens; each area will define exact responsibilities
- General Festival Crew – show up on time for shifts; come ready to work; be willing to work with the team
We have opportunities in the following areas:
- AFK – Lounges, Artists Alley, After Party, VIP Activations, Etc. – You will help support all layers of our DreamHack community, ensuring that all guests receive the VIP experience. You will help provide those individuals who support the DreamHack vision the opportunity to see the community in action.
- Cosplay Lounge & Competition – You will direct cosplayers to available resources, encourage competition sign ups with cosplayers on site, provide hospitality for invited cosplay guests, staff the cosplay lounge, and assist cosplayers with the competition process. Familiarity with cosplay is a plus and being well spoken / having customer service experience (there is a high level of interaction required).
- Merch Shop – You will be helping our wonderful guests while they find and purchase their perfect memento from the festival. If you have retail and event experience then we would love to have you be part of our team.
- Entrance: Registration & Box Office – As the first contact to the DreamHack festival, our team is in charge of making sure that everyone gets into the festival as efficiently as possible with the correct credentials. We take care that our guests have the best experience from the moment they arrive. Customer service experience is a plus, but a commitment to the guest experience is a must.
- Guest Relations – You will be the ultimate resource for festival guests around our festival content and general questions. You will support your fellow crew members by providing coverage around the festival and support guest recovery where necessary. Customer service experience is a must to ensure every guest leaves with a positive festival experience.
- Creator Hub – You will support our amazing creators, setting up and configuring the stream studio, maintaining the creator lounge, or assisting our meet and greets. We manage all the creator activities within the festival and can support tournament operations and talent management duties while maintaining composure under pressure. The creator team is agile, proactive, and self-aware while providing memorable experiences for both our guests and creators. Some roles may require technical knowledge and familiarity with streaming operations with an ability to troubleshoot technical issues. Proficiency with encoding softwares (OBS/SLOBS), streaming technologies, A/V equipment (mixers, mics, etc.) and audio configurations is highly preferred and appreciated.
- Tournament Operations – Whether a casual gamer or a hard-core professional, we encourage all our guests to join in on the fun and the opportunity to take home their part of the DreamHack prize pool. We run tournaments, keep track of participants, and answer game-specific questions. Experience in organizing gaming tournaments and customer service skills are required. Knowledge of specific games may be required–please list your tournament experience and game titles in your application.
- Snapdragon Pro Series – The Snapdragon Pro Series is the world’s largest multi-genre mobile esports competition and the North American finals are taking place at DreamHack San Diego. Our team will introduce guests to the era of everyone, a unique experience within the festival where players and guests are given the ultimate opportunity to compete against others in the hottest game titles on mobile. Do you have what it takes to bring esports everywhere?
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST complete our crew application (CLICK HERE). By submitting your information on this site, you may not be reviewed.
- Complete the crew application (CLICK HERE) ensuring that all questions are answered–incomplete applications may not be reviewed
- Be willing to submit to a background check
- Be available on all days during the festival period, Wednesday, April 5th through Sunday, April 9th
- Be able to commit to the shifts assigned during the festival–note that you may not be asked to work every day
- Understand the EFG values and DreamHack manifesto; abide by our Code of Conduct and the DreamHack festival rules and guidelines
- Be a role model for the community and act accordingly in all situations
- Be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States of America
The pay rate for this position is $16.30 per hour. If you do not live locally in the San Diego area, you will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and lodging in San Diego.