DreamHack creates an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. Our immersive gaming festivals feature everything gaming under one roof and the community is invited to experience our LAN parties, top tier & grassroots esports, see the best cosplayers and their works, meet their favorite content creators, and enjoy everything from arts, screenings, and live music, to the latest games in our expo. We create worlds where the gaming community comes to life.
It’s time for Dallas to experience our out-of-this-world gaming festival, and we need your help. Our team jumps in at a moment’s notice and does so with grace and poise. If you wanted to be a DreamHack Dino when you grew up, you have found your team. Let’s go!
We are hosting our DreamHack Dallas event on June 2nd through the 4th and are looking for event staff to assist all weekend.
- Area Supervisors – Support area managers in the execution of the area; responsible for the management of all operations and crew in an area; maintain a leadership role within the festival operations. Area supervisors will be selected based on experience with the DreamHack Festivals and their respective areas.
- Area Commanders – Help lead festival crew members in a designated area or job; can include helping to solve customer issues, making sure everything is in place for the current team and team coming in after, leading in cleaning before/after the area opens; each area will define exact responsibilities. Commanders will be selected based on experience with the DreamHack Festivals and their respective areas
- General Festival Crew – Show up on time for shifts and come ready to work; be adaptable and willing to work with the team, remain solutions-based and provide guest service to both internal and external stakeholders. Provide support to their assigned area(s) and provide all festival guests the ability to experience DreamHack.
We have opportunities in the following areas:
- Away From Keyboard (AFK) Area – Lounges, Artists Alley, After Party, IRL Activations, Etc. – You will help support all layers of our DreamHack community, ensuring that all guests receive the DreamHack experience. You will help provide those individuals who support the DreamHack vision the opportunity to see the community in action and support the IRL activities taking place in the festival.
- Cosplay Lounge & Competition – You will direct cosplayers to available resources, encourage competition sign ups with cosplayers on site, provide hospitality for invited cosplay guests, staff the cosplay lounge, and assist cosplayers with the competition process. Familiarity with cosplay is a plus and being well spoken / having customer service experience (there is a high level of interaction required).
- Merch Shop – You will be helping our wonderful guests while they find and purchase their perfect memento from the festival. If you have retail and event experience then we would love to have you be part of our team.
- Entrance: Registration & Box Office – As the first contact to the DreamHack festival, our team is in charge of making sure that everyone gets into the festival as efficiently as possible with the correct credentials. We take care that our guests have the best experience from the moment they arrive. Customer service experience is a plus, but a commitment to the guest experience is a must.
- Guest Relations – You will be the ultimate resource for festival guests around our festival content and general questions. You will support your fellow crew members by providing coverage around the festival and support guest recovery where necessary. Customer service experience is a must to ensure every guest leaves with a positive festival experience.
- Creator Hub – You will support our amazing creators, setting up and configuring the stream studio, maintaining the creator lounge, or assisting our meet and greets. We manage all the creator activities within the festival and can support tournament operations and talent management duties while maintaining composure under pressure. The creator team is agile, proactive, and self-aware while providing memorable experiences for both our guests and creators. Some roles may require technical knowledge and familiarity with streaming operations with an ability to troubleshoot technical issues. Proficiency with encoding softwares (OBS/SLOBS), streaming technologies, A/V equipment (mixers, mics, etc.) and audio configurations is highly preferred and appreciated.
- Tournament Operations – Whether a casual gamer or a hard-core professional, we encourage all our guests to join in on the fun and the opportunity to take home their part of the DreamHack prize pool. We run tournaments, keep track of participants, and answer game-specific questions. Experience in organizing gaming tournaments and customer service skills are required. Knowledge of specific games may be required–please list your tournament experience and game titles in your application.
- Crew Care – You will be caring for the crew by providing a safe, relaxing space to take breaks, eat snacks. play a game or two, and drop their gear. You will also be supporting our teams by doing team check-ins throughout the day, bringing food and snacks to those stuck in their area, and hotel wellness checks for those too ill to be at the show. This team is the first team in and last team to leave, so you may be asked to work starting on Monday and through the Monday after the show. We also need at least one local team member with a car that is willing and able to run errands.
- Fortnite – We are looking for tournament administrators for Fornite. The tournament admin will primarily be responsible for player verification, assistance with getting into games, as well as reporting to the lead admin. The ideal candidate is someone who has an interest in Fortnite and wants to learn more about TO’ing.
- Fighting Games – Come work with the fighting game community to put on a fun and smoothly run tournament for participants. You’ll be tasked as festival crew with assisting in running brackets and the player experience.
- Play and Compete – Play and compete encompasses our Free Play, BYOC, and Pyramid areas. We are looking for tournament admids that have some knowledge of how to use start.gg and Google drive, are able to lift appropriately 25lbs. and are available to potentially work extended shifts. So if you’d like to help run tournaments, this is the area for you!
- DreamHack Beyond Quest booth – We are looking for a few team members to operate the DreamHack Quest booth at the festival. Duties include being a friendly face for all festival attendees, answering questions regarding the DreamHack app and quests, and distributing rewards. So if you’re someone that likes to help people discover new ways to enjoy the show, please apply. We’d love to have you.
- Festival Operations – Festival Ops is frequently seen as one of the backbone teams for DreamHack. We’re one of the busiest teams during event setup and tear down so we’re frequently all over the show. As a core festival support team, you will help the logistic team to respond to equipment requests, questions, and deliver items to different areas of the convention. We interact with with just about every other team at DreamHack so you will get to meet a lot of people. We are looking for people who like to keep an area organized and act as storekeepers. You may also be deployed as an “Immediate Response” team to temporary increase another team’s capacity to reduce a workload
- Chill Zone – Help run DreamHack’s “Chill Zone”! This is an area where attendees and staff can stop by to dissimulate from the show floor and other activations. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe environment and low volume area for guests to come and relax. Looking for individuals with sympathy, patience, and event management skills.
- Be willing to submit to a background check
- Be available on all days during the festival period, Wednesday, May 31st through Sunday June 4th
- Be able to commit to the shifts assigned during the festival – note that you may not be asked to work every day
- Understand the EFG values and DreamHack manifesto; abide by our Code of Conduct and the DreamHack festival rules and guidelines
- Be a role model for the community and act accordingly in all situations
- Be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States of America
Pay Rate varies depending on position:
- Festival Crew: $15 per hour
- Commanders: $18 – $20 per hour (based on experience)
- Supervisors: starting at $25 per hour (based on experience)
Travel / Accommodations: If you do not live locally in the Dallas area, you will be responsible for providing your own transportation to and lodging in Dallas.