The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire an ”Event Manager” with strong event coordination experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As an Event Manager @EFG, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create competitive ecosystems which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
- The ideal candidate will reside in Poland , preferably in Katowice.
What you’ll do:
- Work as Event Manager in Event Management team, leading assigned internal and external employees
- Organization of events, creating concepts for event programs and other industry events
- Assist with budget planning when it comes to event execution
- Negotiation of the terms of implementation of project objectives with contractors, executive companies, and internal team
- Work closely with the Project Management, Production teams, and Design Hub team to produce the best possible product
- Consulting during design process of stages, expo booths, TV studios from technical and cost point of view
- Creation of a schedule, works / activities / tasks to be carried out within the framework of a specific project / event
- Preparation of technical side of event / production – planning and ordering of all needs
- Oversee the set-up and production on-site, ensuring the delivery of high-quality events
- Work closely with our external partners, suppliers, and internal stakeholders as we build stages, studios, and trade show booths to ensure we meet or exceed our expectations
- With full knowledge of the industry’s best broadcast workflows and practices, ensure the successful delivery of end-to-end broadcast executions from pre- to post-production
What you need:
- 3+ years’ experience in event industry
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Ability to work flexible and / or extended hours as needed
- You need to work well under pressure, in a live (real-time) and fast-paced environment
- You should be a strong communicator and able to handle negotiation and conflict resolution
- Self-motivated individual with a proactive mindset, always keen to learn and generate impactful results
- Exhibit high levels of energy and enthusiasm to positively influence and lift team spirits
- Highly emotionally intelligent individual, accompanied by years of experience working with cross-functional teams locally and regionally
- Be hungry to learn about EFG’s business and our products, and be great at retaining information
- Ability to travel and be abroad
- Fluent with Google and Microsoft environments
- Fluent in English – listening, spoken and written
- Experience with event technique side – stages and TV studios, expo events, security, logistic
Nice to Have:
- A passion for Esports or large Events, Tournament Operations
- Resilient to organized chaos when it comes to events, festival operations, and the challenges that comes with it from A-Z
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.