The world of e-sports is growing and so are we!
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global e-sports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of e-sports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share!
Our New way of Working is new ways of Winning!
As an Editor, you will be a key storyteller for our global esports events. You will assist our broadcast talent and production teams in telling compelling stories of the teams and players competing at our events and helping create the best video content for our shows. The Editor will provide storytelling, content creation, editorial, and design support for Media Services, Sales, Marketing, Production, and other departments. You will partner with key stakeholders to ensure submission requests, revisions, proofing, and corrections are made in alignment with our production timelines.
We offer remote working as part of flexible ways, for this position we offer fully remote but preferably located in EU, Germany, Sweden or Poland where we have our production studios.
What you’ll do
The Editor works independently and collaboratively to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Research of specific event related topics to develop content & broadcast assets.
- Work closely with Creative Producers to develop and expand creative ideas.
- Scripting of voice-overs and video content.
- Assisting in Media Day planning & execution with competing teams & players.
- Building the profile of our events and the teams/players that compete in them through compelling storytelling.
- Managing deadline planning for our media deliverables before, during & after an event.
What you need
- You have a deep passion for and knowledge of Dota2.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with online editorial work.
- You know how to properly communicate an idea and the vision behind it, through discussion and documentation.
- You are familiar with the esports and gaming industry.
- You are a team player and love working with different individuals.
- You can break down ideas into structured and digestible formats that are appealing to audiences.
- You are detail-oriented, organized and willing to respect processes.
- You have a hands on mentality, remain calm during productions and contribute to a great team environment.
- Willingness to travel abroad to execute our world class events is an essential key component to this job.
Nice to have
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of work experience as an editor/journalist or in creative media production.
- You love to push creative boundaries and to work together with a highly creative team in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a good sense of what creative solution fits given the requirements.
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively.
- You have a deep knowledge of other esports titles.