The world of competitive gaming is growing and so are we!
Our Publisher Relations team needs your creative and inspiring ideas, cheerful spirit, and supportive can-do attitude to build long-term partnerships with publishers. We are looking to hire a Director of Publisher Relations in Europe to join us in shaping the journey of esports & competitive gaming. We are interested in individuals who share our passion for gaming while bringing their unique capability, flair, and dedication to being a true team player.
At EFG (ESL FaceIt Group) “we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become community”. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility: “IT’S NOT GG, UNTIL IT’S GG FOR ALL”.
As Director of Publisher Relations, you have the opportunity to work on designing and managing dynamic global initiatives for competitive gaming titles. You will get to put your love of and experience in competitive gaming to good use as you strategize with publishers on how to grow their competitive communities and take user engagement to the next level through an EFG partnership. You will work with a company of passionate and talented individuals dedicated to “create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community”.
Additionally, you will be responsible for building and leading the European team for the Publisher Relations department. You will get to work with a wide range of partners, from the biggest game publishers in the world, to upcoming regional publishers who are looking for a trusted and established partner to grow their games regionally or globally.
The Director of Publisher Relations Europe reports to the SVP Global Publisher Relations and is a part of the Game Partnerships Business unit. The ideal candidate will reside in the European Region, preferably in the UK, Germany, Netherlands, or Sweden, with the ability to work remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, direct, and control strategic publisher partnership initiatives with significant impact on overall EFG KPIs
- Build a strong regional team across the European region, hire and develop diverse talent enabling the region to cover all main publishers and build a lasting relationship with them
- Develop and negotiate mutually beneficial frameworks, strategies and concepts with publishers to enable long term partnerships designed to serve competitive gaming communities
- Act as key point of contact with game publishers, building and maintaining strategic relationships, working to define and execute long-term, mutually beneficial business models
- Travel to gaming and esports events around the world to solidify relationships with partners and witness your project come to life
- Oversee the creation of business plans, budgets and project plans allowing you to fully own and drive potential partnerships
- Educating and advocating the entire EFG organization on key industry trends and developments relevant to our business
- Work with various internal departments, not limited to esports, platform, commercialization and marketing to deliver on the game and publisher strategy
- Tap into your innate creativity to create new show-stopping concepts and world-class esports programs around EFG’s offerings and find the right publisher partners to bring them to life
- Keep abreast of the latest industry trends and relevant changes within the esports world to spot the newest publishers in your region
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working @EFG?
Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands play a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- Minimum of 10+ years of related business experience, including at least 3+ years of formal and regional team leadership experience
- Extensive experience working in video game, esports entertainment, broadcasting, or other entertainment industries
- Extensive knowledge of the esports industry in the regional European market and the different competitive ecosystems that exist for the biggest competitive games on the market – a major plus for us.
- Experience in building a strong, publisher-focused team in the European region
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior-level executives
- End-to-end deal experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful partnerships such as large-scale marketing deals, technical collaborations, complex digital media transactions, and strategic technology relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying it to the tasks at hand
- Sound business acumen, commercial sense, and quantitative analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in the English language, both spoken and written; fluency in Japanese or Korean language is a plus