The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Controlling team needs your analytical skills, your attention to details, and your supportive can-do-attitude. We are looking to expand and hire an Controller to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming. People who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the table while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping the future of esports. That you can help make it happen while also going on a journey to learn and develop.
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves in having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community.”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion: The most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you strive for making us your employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting them into action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos, becoming a pillar of calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You never stop questioning whether there might be a better way to do things. You are a good listener and naturally interested in change, learning and development.
- Agility: As one of your core strengths you enjoy collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers in an ever-changing environment. You enjoy communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community.
- Team Geist: You like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
What You’ll Do:
- Ensuring transparency for business area and partnering with P&L owners
- Implementing Local Performance tracking across all companies
- Ensuring planning & forecasting quality on local entity level
- Building one standard reporting package for local / legal entity performance
- Implementing Business Reviews with SVP International as well as local MDs
- Implement tracking and reporting of international license deals
- Supporting by building out the local/international strategy
- Supporting by building new business and investments (e.g. new territories)
- Local controlling focus on the Middle East & Africa region
- Important workgroup member of driving the finance transformation to more centralized management organization (global / local)
- Ensuring compliance
- Ensuring Quality on Legal Entity P&L incl. Project lead definition and Intercompany transfers
- Responsible for local compliance and audit procedures
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, DreamHack Festivals, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
Skills to create Thrills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s/MBA degree in Finance, or related field. Further education being either ACCA or CIMA part qualified is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in Finance, preferably in a Start-Up environment, and/or some Investment Banking or Management Consulting experience
- Prior FP&A experience & project management skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Affinity for numbers, Impeccable attention to detail & methodical approach
- Highly proficient in MS-Excel and Power Point. Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of financial reporting according to IFRS
- Enjoys working in a team with a high level of reliability and integrity as well as a high degree of self-organization, personal commitment, and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. Arabic language knowledge is a plus.