PLEASE NOTE: This role is fully remote within Germany (with an option to visit the office in Cologne).
The world of esports is growing and so are we!
Our Marketing Team needs your personable skills, your love for the esports industry, your cheerful spirit, and your supportive can-do attitude. We are looking to hire a Content Marketing Working Student to join us in shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming. People who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the table while being a true team player. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping the future of esports. That you can help make it happen while also going on a journey to learn and develop.
At EFG (ESL FACEIT Group) we create worlds beyond gameplay, where players and fans become community. We pride ourselves in having a corporate social responsibility which is “ITʼS NOT GG, UNTIL ITʼS GG FOR ALL”
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Content Management Working Student you will work within the Social & Channel Marketing team to create world class esports video content, make sure that this content is presented on all applicable platforms in the best light and to ensure that our copyright is protected.
Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Gamers welcome! This role is fully remote within Germany.
What you will do:
- Support the Fan Marketing team to bring creative video content concepts to life
- Assist the YouTube team in publishing content in the best way possible and look after the content schedule
- Research current best practices across multiple content platforms
- Manage the copyright enforcement process across our content network
- Work in cross function with Marketing, Media Services, Social Media and the TV production team
Hypothetical breakdown of the role and responsibilities:
- 25% Publishing assistance and content scheduling
- 30% Copyright enforcement
- 25% Research
- 20% Upkeep of our content channels
What you bring:
- You want to make a difference and have a passion for esports
- You have a deep understanding of at least one of the communities we operate in
- You are enthusiastic and eager to operate complex tasks
- You have an attention to detail, thrive working independently as well as in a team
- You want to work with an international team on exciting content
What we offer:
- Firsthand esports and content marketing experience, working on some of the most prestigious content in the industry
- Deep dive into the content marketing workflow and all resources connected to it
- Behind-the-scenes event experience
- A paid 1-year assignment, working up to 20 hours per week with a potential development to prolong the assignment and/or transition into a full-time, permanent role (depending on opportunities that may open).
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at @EFG? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role. We will look at your past studies, work experience, overall passions, as well as your personal relationship with games, to help us gauge the connection between these points and the criteria set forth by our hiring manager for this role.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if your experience matches and/or an email notification containing feedback if you didn’t qualify for this round. Either way, you will hear from us!
About us @EFG:
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Each of our brands play a significant role in creating worlds beyond gameplay.
They build, connect and nurture beyond game ecosystems to unlock more fun, fame, and fortune for gamers across the globe.
- At ESL we create worlds where everybody can be somebody
- At FACEIT we create a world where the community has the power to shape video games
- At DreamHack we create a world where the gaming community comes to life
- At DreamHack Sports Games we create a world where traditional sports meets esports
- Enrolled in University studying Sports Management, Economics, Media, Marketing, Communications, or another related field (preferably graduating in 1 to 2 years from now).
- Localised in Germany
- You are passionate about gaming/esports
- Deep understanding of what gaming communities look for when consuming content
- Solid idea on how YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and other content platforms work
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Structured work style, “reliable” is your middle name
Nice to have:
- Experience in the esports industry
- Experience with YouTube studio
- Experience working in an agile, dynamic, highly international environment
- Work independently and collaborate well with other teams globally
- An open-minded, communicative personality able to step up
- Someone who is ready to work on projects that challenge them professionally and personally
- Ability to perform well in a highly dynamic work environment and work across several time zones