ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is on the hunt for an experienced and committed Community & Social Media Manager to drive the creative conceptualising and execution of social media strategies for our esports projects and tournaments. You’re also responsible for growing and nurturing our communities with your crafty and creative ideas that move the fans. We’re seeking an excellent communications wordsmith who knows how to drive engaging content and messages across and to grow and develop the organisation’s social media presence. This role will require working alongside our marketing leads to come up with strong, impactful messages that will reach out to our main audience – the fans. The successful candidate will lead extensive content creation for all regional online and offline tournaments run by ESL Gaming.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who’s passionate about the exciting and dynamic world of Esports and Gaming in the APJ region. EFG collaborates with top-notch renown brands and game publishers to organise, plan and run large scale events online and offline globally.
Join us in our mission to Create a World where Everybody can be Somebody.
- Be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and the company.
- Work in close partnership together with Marketing Managers to devise social media strategies.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Marketing Managers to build and maintain our communities across multiple games, leagues, and events.
- Coordinate with the Tournament Managers to create targeted content and messages that excite our communities on live tournaments.
- Create social media campaigns based on the project requirements and be responsible for the overall execution of the campaign, including but not limited to drafting of captions, working with the design team for the required digital assets, coordinating with local teams for localised content, etc.
- Create and deliver on community management and growth plans by managing all channels of communication with our communities, including platforms like email, social media and Discord.
- Be required to collect and review social media data to develop more effective campaigns.
- Develop social media reports based on campaigns and projects that will be submitted to the management and executive teams.
- Liaise with stakeholders to give updates and seek approval for content.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Analyse the long-term needs of the company’s social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan.
- Ensure highest quality implementation of brand partnership programs.
- Work with the broadcast team to schedule livestreams accordingly.
- Be involved in hands-on event activity such as getting stuck-in with other ESL employees to help setup and pack down events.
- Work with cross-functional and cross-border regional teams to execute world-class programs in Japan.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 4+ years’ experience in the Social Media Marketing field with a strong track record – ideally in the esports or video games industry.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a “Community Manager” role.
- Strong affinity with online and social media communications.
- Strong sense of responsibility and strives to fulfil deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in teams, in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Basic proficiency in creative suite software such as Photoshop and Illustrator – experience in design/creative work is a strong plus point.
- Native fluency in the Japanese language as you will be predominantly covering the Japan market and will need to read, speak and write in Japanese – this is a must.
- Native-level or business-level fluency in English – listening, spoken and written.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. EFG will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Japan, and do not require EFG’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.