The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a Broadcast Production Project Manager with strong experience in project or production management of live, taped, studio, or event broadcasts to join us in shaping the journey of esports! We are interested in people who share our passion for gaming and who bring experience in shaping, overseeing, planning, developing, and executing for our flagship products and broadcast events from start to finish.
At ESL Gaming, we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why ESL is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share!
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
As a Production Project Manager @ ESL, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision-making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast-paced work environment.
As a Production Project Manager, you will be part of our Global Production and Operations team that plans and organizes the production of our live or taped, studio or event broadcasts. In collaboration with the product and sales team, the Production Manager will prepare and oversee budgets, coordinate the TV team, freelancers & external service providers, motivate and push your team to uphold deadlines, and be the main point of contact for the production during the setup, the live show and the teardown of the event or productions in our studios.
We empower remote work!
One of many perks and reasons why ESL is a magical workplace is that we empower remote or hybrid work of choice! We believe that our new ways of working are the new ways of winning. We recognize that our employees’ comfort and productivity are better achieved from the comfort of your remote workspace of choice, be it your home or the road!
The Ideal work location for this position is in Stockholm, Sweden but can be partly done from afar / remotely as it requires a lot of on-premise attendance in the studios on show days with the potential of working remotely during non-show days.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for all organizational aspects of production; including scheduling, budgeting, and negotiating with and booking external service providers and freelancers
- Support the Product team with suggestions for the execution of projects, on the levels of both cost efficiency as well as feasibility
- Manage the scheduling of the Production team, efficiently organize setup, rehearsal, production, and teardown timetables
- Assist with managing the production calendar to ensure proper personnel, equipment, and studios are reserved; ensure calendar updates are entered in a timely manner
- Identify ways to upgrade/ improve production operations and suggest steps to implement improvements, while maintaining current operations timelines
What you need
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a broadcast production area
- A strong knowledge of technical issues related to TV production
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written
- Able to manage multiple projects effectively, with the ability to prioritize based on scope and deadlines
- An understanding of the competitive esports industry and its events
- Ability to work under time pressure and remain calm in challenging situations
Nice to Have
- Passion or understanding of esports broadcast production is very nice to have, but not a prerequisite.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity.
- Ability to meet the accuracy and productivity goals.
- Good problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrate effective, accurate, and clear communication with excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, social media, reading, phone, and customer service skills in accordance with the role.
- Respond to others in a timely and courteous manner.
- Define and prioritize realistic and specific goals and objectives.
- Use strong project management, organizational, and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and exceptional attention to detail.
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point in time!
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.