The world of esports is growing and so are we!
We are looking to expand and hire a “Broadcast IT Engineer“ with strong event IT broadcast experience to join us on shaping the journey of esports. We are interested in people who bring their unique capability, flair, and desire to the collaboration table. We believe that your attributes can make a difference in shaping our future, make it happen and learn and develop from start to finish.
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “We create worlds beyond gameplay where players and fans become community”. Our passion, craft and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, heroes, as well as through our people, and culture. This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Who should apply?
First and foremost, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive equal opportunity environment for all candidates who should be encouraged and empowered to apply for this position. We have a set of values that we live by and hope you share:
- Passion most desirable attribute: you are a passionate gamer or love the gaming and esports environment. To be given the opportunity to work with ESL and our flagship products DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, is something you want to be associated with as an employer of choice.
- Impact: As a person, you are one of the ‘go to’ people who enjoy coming up with new ideas and putting it to action. Being strategic and hands-on at the same time comes naturally to you as you thrive in chaos creating calm to others in the storm.
- Curiosity: You see the big picture and come up with general solutions if you see the need for them.
- Agility: is one of your core strengths, you enjoy cross collaboration with people across the company, stakeholders, publishers, communicating, explaining, implementing, and improving your ideas towards the gaming community
- Team Geist: you like to work in a team and help everybody to achieve their goals.
Are you ready for a Game-Changing Career Experience?
You are a Broadcast IT Engineer with a passion for network solutions?
Enjoy troubleshooting Dante issues?
Love esports? Then this is the right job opportunity for you!
As a full-time Broadcast IT Engineer in the Event IT department, you will be bridging the gaps between the IT and broadcast worlds.
You will join a team of passionate coworkers and support ESL productions with your expertise.
Responsibilities will include analyzing, documenting and researching new broadcast solutions for our global products. The Broadcast IT Engineer reports to our Head of Event IT and is a part of our Global Event IT team.
- This position will be based in one of our production hubs located in Stockholm, Katowice, Riyadh or Cologne
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement scalable network solutions to support our global esports broadcasts
- Work closely with the production teams to understand their needs and ensure that the network infrastructure is optimized for their requirements, ensuring seamless and reliable productions
- Assist in alignment and review of investment proposals for network solutions related to broadcast equipment
- Continuous collaboration with various Engineers spanning multiple departments within our esports umbrella to maintain the infrastructure, document existing and new broadcast solutions and to create workflows, procedures, and configurations
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the industry and make recommendations to improve our broadcast network infrastructure
What you need:
- Proven track record as a Broadcast IT Engineer or similar role for at least 3 years
- Advanced IP Network and Ethernet connectivity troubleshooting skills, including: TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Multicast, IGMP , RTMP, SRT, WebRTC, QoS, PTP
- Strong understanding of broadcast systems, including video and audio routing, signal flow, and compression technologies
- Solid understanding of Dante and NDI as well as insights into SMPTE 2110 workflows
- Analytical mindset, a problem-solving aptitude and most importantly a can-do-attitude that gets people excited inside and outside of the department
- Possess excellent technical problem solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English language, both spoken and written
- Willingness to travel and work on weekends
Nice to Have:
- Worked with Jira / Confluence / Gitlab
- Work experience with Juniper and Cisco
- SBE/SMPTE/IT certifications
- Keen gamer/esports fan
Do you feel ready for the challenge of working at ESL? Join us for a game-changing career where we will be shaping the journey of esports together with diversity and inclusion. We encourage you to apply by filling in our application form including your earliest starting date and your desired salary.
Please apply by adding the requested documents CV or your cover letter in English language and preferably in PDF format.
Our Recruitment Process – What to expect?
Our recruitment team is committed to carefully reviewing and evaluating your application for this role, we will look at your past studies, work experience, passion, and your personal relationship with games and the relevant fit for the job you applied for.
You can expect to be invited for an interview if successful and email notification feedback if you didn’t qualify at this point of time!
EFG is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the DreamHack Festivals, ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.