The world of Esports is growing and so are we!
At ESL FACEIT Group (EFG), we bring moments of magic and provide thrills to hundreds of millions of people, every single day. We pride ourselves on having enabled and empowered the global esports industry for more than two decades, aligned with our core mission “Creating a World Where Everybody can be Somebody”. Our passion, craft, and DNA are aligned to create and shape the world of esports, gaming tournaments, leagues, events, and holistic ecosystems through our millions of players, fans, and heroes, as well as through our people, and culture.
This is one of many reasons why EFG is a magical workplace, where anything is possible, and where you will thrive and experience a game-changing career.
Do you want to be part of the team to bring world-class Esports production to Southeast Asia?
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is on the hunt for a committed and talented Broadcast Engineer to join our Malaysian team of Live Production experts.
The position is Full-Time and requires working from our Studio & Office in Kuala Lumpur.
This role will require a quick-thinking, calm-headed, motivated self-learner who’s hungry for knowledge and down to improve his/her skills in the esports broadcasting world. You are technical-minded and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You care about quality and consistency, taking pride in enabling the execution of quality live streams & broadcasts. During Broadcasts, you will monitor and facilitate all technical aspects of our live streaming workflows, coordinating hand in hand with our show producers to execute world-class esports productions.
- Execute & maintain our production live streaming solutions, strategies and technologies in our KL studio.
- Manage the startup & setup process of all broadcast & live streaming equipment, including bringing all broadcast signals live and pushing them to all relevant distribution channels.
- Learn our broadcast, live streaming & video technology workflow, practices and solutions.
- Manage live troubleshooting & support for our live streams before, during & post show.
- Monitor, analyse, and solve problems live during our broadcasts as it relates to broadcast equipment, systems and workflows.
- Assist our broadcast crew & operators with any issues, fixes or problems they experience during live streams.
- Contribute to broadcast engineering documentation.
- Previous experience in broadcast engineering.
- Previous experience in working with broadcast hardware, software, processes, procedures and workflows.
- Technical knowledge surrounding broadcast facility infrastructure and technology.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, plus the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Hungry to learn and be great at retaining information. Work well under pressure, in a fast paced, live TV environment.
- Understand this isn’t your typical 9-5 job. Availability to work flexibility hours such as late night, overnight and weekends is a must.
- Experience in Esports industry.
- Formal degree in Production, Broadcast, TV, Media (or related field).
- Experience with Vmix, Blackmagic Design, Ross Video, Newtek, Grass Valley etc.
- Familiarity with transmission signal types such as SDI, NDI, SRT, ZIX, Dante, MIDI etc.
- Familiarity with encoding through Xsplit, OBS, Vmix etc.
- Familiarity with Audio Desks and Audio embedders.
- You love gaming, technology & esports.
- You have strong technical knowledge of TV, Broadcasting, IT & Media.
- You show strong great initiative in the workplace.
- You have read all the information in this role description and think this job is perfect for you.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical. EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. ESL will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require ESL’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.