ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is looking for a technical-minded and trained Audio Expert and Team Lead with a knack for engineering and a love for operating live audio desks for full time employment joining the Malaysian branch of the world’s largest esports company. We are looking for an operator that has experience in mixing, monitoring and tuning live audio & knows how to setup and build audio solutions from scratch. The ideal candidate is someone who is a subject matter expert in all things Audio and will lead junior team members to execute successful broadcasts. This position is based in Malaysia and will report to the Broadcast Manager in our Malaysian office.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who’s keen to enter into the exciting and dynamic world of Esports and Gaming in the APAJ region. EFG collaborates with top-notch renowned brands and game publishers to organise, plan and run large scale events online and offline globally.
Join us in our vision to Create a World where Everybody can be Somebody.
We’re looking for…
- An expert live audio operator.
- A Team Lead with past experience in Broadcast environments, leading a few junior team members.
- Has great technical knowledge of music and audio.
- Experience working in a live and fast environment. Knows how to move, move, move.
- Good understanding and love of video games and/or esports.
- Someone who can take direction and lead those under them.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- Ability to work autonomously and to deadlines.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Fluent in verbal English is a must.
- Shift flexibility including nights or weekends.
- Experience working with live TV or live esports a plus.
This role will require working alongside our TV team to plan, prepare, build and execute esports broadcasts and events. You will be required to set up audio configs, equipment, adapters, consoles and everything in between. Other than being hands-on yourself, you will be responsible for leading, training and coaching a small Audio team.
- Use your knowledge and creativity to design, develop, edit and optimise all audio practices for live broadcasts.
- Take direction from a Director and operate live audio desk consoles and equipment in a cool and calm manner.
- Be an expert at balancing and adjusting sound sources, using equalization and audio effects, mixing, reproduction, and reinforcement of sound.
- Know the ins and outs of audio engineering: have knowledge of the technical aspects of recording, the placing of microphones, pre-amps settings, the setting of levels etc.
- Have a high level technical understanding of practical knowledge of audio equipment.
- Be required to source, edit & manipulate music tracks for live broadcast libraries.
- Be willing to learn new programs and build broadcast audio packages in multiple different formats and programs.
- Be flexible, stress-resistant, able to work under pressure and fluctuating ambiguity to lead the team to achievement of goals.
- Must have experience in leading Broadcast or Audio teams; Committed team player and manager; team builder with unquestionable work ethic, organizational and motivational skills, and coaching abilities.
- Understand this isn’t your typical 9-5 job, flexibility to work nights and weekends on broadcasts and events is a must.
- High attention to detail in a live environment. Quick on your feet. Don’t panic easily.
- Formal qualifications in audio design, editing or operation or relevant discipline/experience preferred.
- Experience with audio mixing consoles such as Behringer, Yamaha, Soundcraft, Digico, Allen and Heath as well as relevant software (both PC and Mac).
- Experience with Dante and over IP audio solutions.
- Setup of audio recording, capturing, playback and converting equipment.
- Troubleshoot and produce audio solutions on the fly.
- Can fluently communicate and work in an environment with English speaking colleagues.
- Experience leading a team, training and mentoring juniors, resolving conflicts between team members.
- Experience working in events or live tv a plus but not required.
- Experience in a similar role and design work shown in your portfolio.
- Upskill and develop new perspectives with highly-rated eLearning courses with full Udemy business account access.
- Work with a team of passionate coworkers who are on fire for the ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) Brand.
- Be part of the fastest-growing and pioneer esports brand in the world.
- Contribute and make a mark on our internationally- and regionally- renowned esports programs.
- Global employee assistance program.
- Flexible and/or hybrid work arrangement.
- Work laptop.
- Insurance & Pension Fund Employer’s Contribution.
ESL FACEIT Group (EFG) is the world’s leading competitive gaming platform, combining ESL, the world’s leading independent esports company, and FACEIT, the leading digital destination for competitive gamers, offering the unique capability to deliver end-to-end solutions for players, publishers, developers, and partners. Through the combination, EFG is taking a long-term approach to increase the sustainability and global footprint of competitive gaming in a world where it represents the fastest-growing entertainment vertical.
EFG is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, applications must include your latest CV.
Help us understand why you’re the most suitable candidate for this role by being as elaborate as you can in the screening questions. EFG will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Malaysia, and do not require EFG’s sponsorship of a visa.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.